Saturday, February 11, 2012

The 10th Annual Hotsos Symposium is coming...

I remember the first Hotsos Symposium like it was yesterday.  It was a time I got to meet many people I had interacted with online for the first time - like Jonathan Lewis for example.  I cannot believe it was 10 years ago...

I've attended all but one of these events over the years (and I definitely won't be missing the 10 year anniversary!) - it is one of the few conferences where I try to attend as many sessions as I can myself.  One thing I like is there are only two tracks at most - meaning you'll miss some content you probably wanted to see - but nothing on the scale of the larger conferences out there with 10, 20 or more concurrent tracks.

The party they throw every year isn't bad either.  (the food is probably the best conference food ever ;) )

In addition to the three day conference (March 5th-March 7th) - Jonathan Lewis will be giving the extra training day on Thursday.

But wait, there's more...

Cary Millsap will be giving a one day training course on Friday March 9th in the same area.

So, if you want to overdose on Oracle for a week, I'd recommend the Symposium, followed by Jonathan's "Designing Optimal SQL" training day, and closing up with Cary and some trace data analysis.