Friday, September 09, 2011

DBAs - We would like your input...

Calling all DBAs - Oracle University would like your inputs in order to better tailor their course offerings around what you actually need to do, rather than what they think you need to do.

They've put a bit of thought into what data they need - you can read about their process for building this survey here.

The survey itself is available on-line for about the next six or so weeks.  You can participate in the survey here.

So, if you've ever wanted to influence what is taught to the next generation of DBA's - or influence what sort of courses would be available for you - please take the time to fill out the survey.



Blogger Joel Garry said....

The survey seemed to ask what features people use, which kind of struck me as odd - as though it was merely to reinforce what they teach, rather than truly elicit what they need to teach. A survey by committee, not only do people ask for a faster horse (as Henry Ford did not put it), but it looks like a camel.

I always rationalized the courses as being good for learning what I don't do every day. And it also seems strange to influence the next generation based on the previous generation, when the technology is outrunning both.

word: fortar

Fri Sep 09, 05:20:00 PM EDT  

OpenID uhesse said....

for the curriculum of version 13, we will just ask you what we should cover and spare the committee-thing :-)

Sat Sep 10, 01:42:00 AM EDT  

Blogger Joel Garry said....

I'd say just use that asktom guy's books as a textbook! ;-)

word: wedasch

Mon Sep 12, 04:00:00 PM EDT  

Blogger Juan Carlos Reyes said....

Hi tom I made the test and when finishing or exiting the test I got this download
I'm not sure if this is a bug or is my firefox 10a1.

---- off topic
if you allow me my typical off topic comments, to keep my habit :).
I think you and Oracle could give a big help in global warming. You can make THE DIFFERENCE.
Al gore has wrote a book "our choice" a plan to solve climate crisis, but this is not a plan, no goals no time limits,
obviously he is a scientist and I think he needs help, he can't be a scientist, lawyer, marketing, communications, etc.

Here is in English a global plan to control global warming, check last chapter.

p.d. you can drop this comment if you want sorry for my offtopic :(.

Fri Oct 07, 10:48:00 AM EDT  


<< Home