Friday, April 16, 2010

Never Imagined...

I never imagined that I would have to cancel a seminar, because of....

A volcano.

I was supposed to be in Hungary for a two day seminar Monday and Tuesday - which I had to cancel since the airlines told me the earliest I would be able to leave for Europe would be .... Tuesday night!

I also had to cancel a planned in person appearance at the Bulgaria Oracle User Group - we are going to try to make it a 'virtual' appearance for some technical sessions if possible. That'll take place next Friday the 23rd.

So, to anyone that was signed up for the seminar in Budapest - I apologize, but there is no way to get there from here right now. We'll be looking for a reschedule date now...


Anonymous Doug Burns said....

Yeah, the Collaborate schedule is going to look a little sparse, although the MOW after-party might last a while ;-)

Fri Apr 16, 05:56:00 PM EDT  

Blogger Pete Scott said....

So many people caught up trying to get to or from conferences - I could not get to Collaborate in Vegas - hope a colleague will do my talk for me... and as Doug mentions at least a dozen people stuck in Denmark around a wooden table.

Sat Apr 17, 01:17:00 PM EDT  

Blogger Thomas Kyte said....

I got fortunate, a day later and I'd be sitting in Frankfurt with lots of other people wondering when I would see the outside world again.

Three weeks in a row at home - I'll be ready to travel again after that :)

At least my next week of travel is all US - no passport control, no big time zone shifts and no volcanoes in the way!

Sat Apr 17, 01:22:00 PM EDT  


<< Home