Sunday, September 20, 2009

Advert of sorts: Canada, UKOUG, Chile, Peru, Poland...

For all events between now and the end of the year, my speaking schedule is published on asktom.oracle.com. This post hi-lights the "international" (for me, if you live there - it is local of course...) trips I'll be doing. You can see all of the US only trips on asktom as well - and there are quite a few (Atlanta, Baton Rouge, Reston VA, Baltimore, San Francisco, Saint Louis, Richmond VA, Birmingham AL - to name a few).

I'm frequently asked "how often am I on the road" - the question behind the question being "how do you get to keep up with the database and stay hands on". I travel exactly 50% of the time - one week on, one week off. I'm getting ready for a week "on" right now. I spend the other 50% working locally (mostly at home) with the database and customers - preparing new material, getting caught up on questions on asktom and the like. From time to time - since they will not move events like Oracle OpenWorld to accommodate my schedule - I travel two weeks and stay off the road for two weeks. One of those "two weeks - no travel" is coming up and I'm very much looking forward to that.

Anyway - to the schedule and links to what's happening...

I'll be in Canada quite a few times this year - three times this week (Quebec, Toronto and Montreal). I'll be back in Canada - a little further west and a lot further north - in November for the ICE conference in Edmonton. I get back to Toronto (for the local user group) again in November as well.

I'll be hitting Chile and Peru in South America in November - again looking forward to that as I've never been down there at all. The user group events are something I really enjoy (more than a seminar - those are very very tiring to deliver. Physically tiring) and getting out to a place I've never been is always interesting.

After that - I'm off to the UKOUG. I've presented there many times now and always look forward to the event in Birmingham. A good time to catch up with a lot of people and much like IOUG in the US - it is a highly technical conference. Every single session is delivered by people using the Oracle software, and mostly delivered by people that use the Oracle software every single day. A lot of hands on knowledge is transferred. Always looking forward to that conference.

My last trip out of the US in 2009 will be to Warsaw, Poland right after the UKOUG. I'll be delivering a two day seminar there. I won't have much time to look around unfortunately as I fly in late Tuesday night from the UK and leave early Friday morning for home. I'll have to have a nice dinner or two out though to get a feel for the city.

Into the first half of 2010 - I'll be hitting places such as Croatia, Tokyo, Moscow, Hungary, two cities in South Africa, the Baltics and Turkey... More details on those to follow...
POST A COMMENT

11 Comments:

Blogger jsuarezcasana said....

Whoa, thats not fair, I have lived all my life in Peru and I have just moved out to Australia ... and then you happen to go to Lima :(

Joking aside, I hope that you have a nice time in Peru
Cheers

JS

Sun Sep 20, 08:40:00 PM EDT  

Anonymous Ahmed said....

I'd make sure I try to extend my stay in Egypt and visit other cities too! Have a great time in Cairo! =)

Mon Sep 21, 01:28:00 AM EDT  

Blogger Fahd Mirza said....

Best of luck to you.

... and see people have already started advertising

crystal jewelry
crystal rocks
.......
can't believe that the above comment is spam by some robot.

Mon Sep 21, 09:26:00 AM EDT  

Blogger Louis-Guillaume Carrier-Bédard said....

It was a pleasure to meet you in Quebec City! :)

Keep up the good work!

Tue Sep 22, 12:58:00 PM EDT  

Anonymous SA said....

Hey Tom,

You just got back from India, didn't you? How did you find it and why dont you write about your experience?

Tue Sep 22, 01:34:00 PM EDT  

Blogger Charlie 1 木匠 said....

Any chance to Canada west coast? e.g. Vancouver or Victoria.

Tue Sep 22, 11:35:00 PM EDT  

Anonymous Niel Roos said....

Yeah, we would like to hear more!

Thu Sep 24, 05:12:00 PM EDT  

Anonymous Anonymous said....

Tom, welcome to Chile I hope you can sign my book :)

Fri Oct 09, 10:30:00 AM EDT  

Blogger Mohammad said....

Hi Tom,

What happened to Egypt's session? I can not see it anymore, hope it isn't canceled!

Regards,
Mohammad

Mon Oct 12, 08:56:00 AM EDT  

Blogger Thomas Kyte said....

@Mohammad -

yes, the Egypt seminar was canceled - sorry about that, entirely out of my control

Mon Oct 12, 09:19:00 AM EDT  

Blogger Wayne said....

Tom, I just wanted you to know that there is huge excitement in South Africa about your historic visit.

Hopefully your visit will coincide with the Fifa 2010 Soccer World Cup to be held for the first time on the African continent. Hopefully you would be able to enjoy a game or two. :-)

We'll see you in Johannesburg in 2010. You'll be surprised just how many people, like myself attribute a large measure of success to the example you have set.

Wayne Phillips

Fri Nov 13, 03:00:00 PM EST  

POST A COMMENT

<< Home