Friday, January 02, 2009

All about joins...

I've pointed to an excellent youtube database posting by Stephane Faroult in the past - about worst practices in the entry "The word pathetic never sounded so good..."

He has published another short video (six minutes) where he stuck me between Descartes and Kipling during the story telling.  As he wrote me, I could have been in worse company!

As before, I enjoy his style of delivery. And to see my dance floor analogy animated was sort of amusing for me.


Happy New Year all!



Anonymous Anonymous said....


Good to see you blogging again. Hope we get to see you more often in 2009.

Tony Johnson

Fri Jan 02, 11:47:00 AM EST  

Anonymous Anonymous said....

Happy New Year to you too Tom!
Hope to read more from you on your blog in 2009 (of course, we all want to read MORE on asktom)


Mon Jan 05, 04:16:00 PM EST  

Anonymous Anonymous said....

Hi Tom,

I read Stephane's book "The art of SQL" - it's basic stuff and experts likely reject to read such things,
but on my job we work in a big datawarehouse environment with a lot of developers (together they will have over 100 years expierience , I guess).
But sometimes it's unbelievable how they ignore (or just don't know about) the basics. This leads sometimes of asking me to do the traditional DBA's "Magic performance parameter dance".

So I had to start my SQL evangelisation against the sql heathens...hope I don't get crucified ;-)

Keep at it!

Thu Jan 08, 02:57:00 AM EST  


<< Home