Tuesday, November 20, 2007

UKOUG and other events...

I was just catching up on some stuff and read Jonathan's blog posting on the UKOUG.  Sure enough - UKOUG is right around the corner.  I have two technical sessions and a keynote there before I leave for some other internal events in Europe.  I like the UKOUG - have been to the last few (this will be my fifth time there).  The event is well organized and the wealth of material available is huge.  I highly recommend this if you are in the area.

As for other events...  I've finally gotten around to using a new feature of asktom the developers put in for me earlier this year.  There is a "where is tom?" bit now on the home page.  I'll be using this to display public events I'm speaking at/attending over time.  The calendar widget goes out for a year into the future, and the list on the home page shows the next 10 events.  I'll be using this in the future to advertise seminars, user groups, and other Oracle related events. 

I do have three events in Europe I'd like to point out - at the end of January, I'll be in Madrid, Spain.  At the end of February I'll be in London, UK (check back on that one, the date seems to be in question - I'm not sure if it'll be the 25/26th or 27/28th).  Lastly, in early May - I'll be in Berlin, Germany.  I have been meaning to generate some new content for a while and will be using these seminars as an excuse to finally sit down and do it.  As usual - the content will cover things up to the current release - but as much as possible  - cover every release from 8i on up.  For some sections that will not be truly possible (real application testing for example) but for others like "Effective Indexing" or "Storage Techniques" - we'll be covering things that apply to all releases.

POST A COMMENT

5 Comments:

Blogger mathewbutler said....

Are there any more plans in the pipeline for seminars/event in London for 2008 other than UKOUG and the January seminar?

Would like to come along, but may struggle to get funding until later in the year.

Best Regards,

Mathew Butler

Tue Nov 20, 01:31:00 PM EST  

Blogger Thomas Kyte said....

The London seminar is Feb 2008 - but yes, there will be another UK event in 2008....


UKOUG 2008 :)

Tue Nov 20, 01:35:00 PM EST  

Blogger Gints Plivna said....

>There is a "where is tom?" bit
>now on the home page

Nice one. However probably you could add a GPS tracker ;)

Tue Nov 20, 03:50:00 PM EST  

Anonymous CarlosAL said....

Hey Tom!

It's Good to know that you'll be in Madrid soon!

Cheers from Spain.

Carlos.

Wed Nov 21, 03:24:00 AM EST  

Anonymous Anonymous said....

Hi Tom,

I am looking forward to your Madrid event. It is cheaper for me to travel from the UK to Madrid than attend the London event so Madrid it is.

Sun Dec 23, 04:49:00 PM EST  

POST A COMMENT

<< Home