Tuesday, October 30, 2007

We have a winner...

Robert from Canada was able to identify the version each of the 33 features were released in.  Congratulations :)



Anonymous Anonymous said....

Well done, Robert.
Poor Alfonso - can't you send him a runners-up prize?

I'm not Alfonso, by the way.

Wed Oct 31, 07:45:00 AM EDT  

Blogger Thomas Kyte said....

- can't you send him a runners-up prize?

I wrote him last night (Alfonso) and if he sends me his snail mail address, I'll be sending him a book as well..

Wed Oct 31, 07:49:00 AM EDT  

Blogger Robert Vollman said....

BTW, it's not me. There is more than one Robert in Canada. :)

Wed Oct 31, 10:15:00 AM EDT  

Blogger Harry said....

Well, I couldn't have answered all of those, but I do know what sqlplus was originally called ;-)

Wed Oct 31, 12:13:00 PM EDT  

Blogger Thomas Kyte said....

You can see

what the old sqlplus (UFI) looked like :)

Wed Oct 31, 01:23:00 PM EDT  

Blogger Aman Sharma said....

Hi sir,
Version 4.Relation Software Incorporate(RSI) but date is 2006!How come?Or did I read wrong?

Wed Oct 31, 01:37:00 PM EDT  

Blogger Thomas Kyte said....

re: RSI

I took the screen shot in 2006, the software is a bit older :)

Wed Oct 31, 01:47:00 PM EDT  

Anonymous Anonymous said....

So I take it that you are still running Oracle/RSI 4 on a box - out of interest whats it running on??

Wed Oct 31, 09:30:00 PM EDT  

Blogger Thomas Kyte said....

it is running in a vmware'd version of ms-dos 6.22.

Wed Oct 31, 09:34:00 PM EDT  

Anonymous Anonymous said....

I am "Alfonso" the runner-up and must say that Tom was very gracious to me in acknowledging my effort. A happy and unexpected surprise.

Alfonso Rizo-Patron.

Fri Nov 02, 05:09:00 PM EDT  

Anonymous Carl said....

Connect by queries came 2 versions earlier than read consistency?
I never would have guessed that one!

Mon Nov 05, 11:39:00 AM EST  


<< Home