Saturday, September 15, 2007

Stumbling about...

Stumble upon, I've written about it before - and this page sums it up rather nicely.

"StumbleUpon has the unique ability to instantly give its users horrible, horrible insomnia. You will, undoubtedly, spend an entire night stumbling at some point in the near future, if you haven’t already."

It is true, but you find lots of gold nuggets in the meantime. (Stumble upon is perfect for those long conference calls :) )

How to teach...

I found this article to be a classic bit of humor.  Now, if I could only find a way to apply that technique to teaching about bind variables!  I need to find a way to make "not using bind variables" as distasteful (all pun intended) as the maintenance person in that article did with his problem...

Really bad advertising...

I remember DOS 5.  I am glad I never had a PC back then capable of running video.  Because, if I had - I might have seen this video.  And, had I seen that video way back when, I might have changed careers :)

This looks very cool...

I might buy one of these - just because of the coolness factor.  Imagine, an infinitely renewable power source where ever you go.  In an airport, finding an outlet can be very challenging - something like that might come in very handy in a pinch.

Toot Toot...

Ok, I did not find this link via stumble upon...  AskTom - the written column - won an award (again :)).  Second year running.

And in closing...

Some good presentation tips here.  And probably the only set of tips to include a section on "Grade A Speaking With a Hangover"! 

POST A COMMENT

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said....

I think tugging furiously away with that power thing in an airport is possibly a great way to end up with a gloved hand probing your nether regions.

Sat Sep 15, 09:35:00 AM EDT  

Blogger Patrick Wolf said....

*lol* "great" advertising videos!

Patrick

Sat Sep 15, 01:08:00 PM EDT  

Blogger Niall said....

hmm

I rather suspect that in the timeframe for that ad you'd have though (like me) that the guy was humorous and the girls were hot. Sad but true.

and girls you have no excuse to giggle - you liked David Hasslehof.

Mon Sep 17, 04:31:00 AM EDT  

Anonymous Anonymous said....

Did you sign up for payperpost.com service. Your post looks like the hundreds of blog entries that refer to products or websites for a couple of bucks.

Thu Sep 27, 10:48:00 PM EDT  

POST A COMMENT

<< Home