Monday, September 17, 2007

Search Terms Redux...

About a year ago, I wrote about some search terms that were used to find content on my blog.  Many of the terms from a year ago are still there - "areas of improvement" being a huge one (hmmm, now I know what people use google for - self improvement).

I revisited the search logs to see what sort of google/yahoo searches (ok, google searches, 97+ % come from there, the rest come from yahoo) were happening a year later.  Some are amusing:

Anyway, it is really sort of fascinating to see what people search for - and what it finds - and how far up the page rank your own material might be.  Some are surprising (1st page for, others are not.  But the terms are always interesting.



Anonymous Stephen Darlington said....

My favourite search phrase used to find my website are the words "my website." I just can't begin to speculate what these people are hoping to find!

Mon Sep 17, 03:18:00 PM EDT  

Blogger Sidhu said....


Then, shouldn't we call it stumbling, instead of searching ;)


Mon Sep 17, 10:10:00 PM EDT  

Blogger Aman Sharma said....

Even is in the list!

Tue Sep 18, 08:36:00 AM EDT  

Anonymous said....

I see that you owe me for those "how many calories are in a vanilla latte?" hits. Hand 'em over, and there'll be no need for any "trouble".

Tue Sep 25, 03:57:00 PM EDT  

Anonymous Anonymous said....

my last name is Kyte maybe we're related

Thu Sep 27, 06:44:00 AM EDT  


<< Home