Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A blog...

I am sometimes very easily amused. My son Alan sent me a link to a blog and said "pretty funny". So, I read the one article he linked to and just had to go back and read the entire thing from start to finish. Very rare to read a blog from the beginning to the end to catch up - but I'm into this one.

My Crazy Roommate...

It was all the funnier to me because in the years 1991-1993, I lived in a "communal" house when I was consulting in New Jersey (commuting from Virginia, a mere 168 mile one way trip). I had roommates and one of them - well - let us say he was not very different from "P" in this blog.

To borrow from the My Crazy Roommate blog format, this happened once. We had been living together for six months in a rented house. The housing market was a bit slow during this period of time, so we were renting a very nice house. There were four of us in this particular one. One night in January one of the four of us walked into the family room from outside where we were all sitting - in a robe, dripping wet (it gets pretty darn cold in New Jersey in January). Conversation goes like this (YK is our "P")

YK: oh, you are wet

DB: yes, I was in the hot-tub

YK: hot-tub, we have a hot-tub?

TK: Ummm, have you looked on the deck before?

YK: yes, of course

TK: that big wooden thing out there, it is circular, with a lid on it....

YK: what is it?

DB: that would be a hot-tub

YK: hot-tub, we have a hot-tub?

Oh, the memories I have of YK. "P" reminded me of YK in many ways...

POST A COMMENT

14 Comments:

Anonymous Kirtan Desai said....

That is funny!!!!!!!
I had to go back and read it all. I couldn't stop laughing for a while. simply hillarious. At one point I could actually visualize the "P" character.
thanks for sharing.

Wed Jul 18, 12:28:00 AM EDT  

Anonymous Dave said....

very good....

Hard to believe I remember guys like that in school.... expected it in 70s but now???? wow.

Wed Jul 18, 04:20:00 PM EDT  

Anonymous EvilMojo said....

Funny.

Reminds me of 'Jimbo Jones' from Simpsons.

Anyone excited about Simpsons the movie (ie if it's not out in US already)?? Can't wait here in AU.

BTW, How's redundancy on asktom going?

Cheers,

Thu Jul 19, 11:56:00 PM EDT  

Blogger Giovanni said....

This reminds me of a room mate I had during uni... :-DDD

Fri Jul 20, 10:35:00 AM EDT  

Anonymous Anonymous said....

looks like Tom has lost all the fiz to blog-writing.. he scarecely blogs these days..

Am I right, Tom?

Thu Jul 26, 12:59:00 AM EDT  

Blogger Wayne, "El Guero" said....

Tom

Reminds me of a programmer on a project one time, or two, or three . . .

And YK really reminds me of an old room mate of mine. Was he a total mess?

Wayne

Mon Jul 30, 11:58:00 AM EDT  

Anonymous Anonymous said....

If you have not read this already,


http://oracledoug.com/serendipity/index.php?/archives/1303-Why-you-cant-just-say-Stop-feeding-the-troll-....html

Thu Aug 02, 10:11:00 PM EDT  

Anonymous Molko said....

(melancholy sigh...) I still remember those good old times when Tom's posts were daily...

Fri Aug 03, 03:31:00 PM EDT  

Anonymous Anonymous said....

Perhaps Tom is shaken by the recent attack on an other blogger recently....

Tom, we can't afford to miss your blog.. please come back

Wed Aug 08, 02:35:00 AM EDT  

Anonymous Anonymous said....

tom may have run off with the crazy room mate... both blogs have not been updated for a while

Tue Aug 14, 04:43:00 AM EDT  

Anonymous Anonymous said....

http://www.onsale.com/shop/detail.aspx?dpno=7185519&store=onsale&source=bwbfroogle

$269.99, already down $30 bucks over previous

Mon Aug 20, 11:59:00 AM EDT  

Anonymous Anonymous said....

more pink poodles please.

(i am back in town! but not for long)

Sun Aug 26, 11:05:00 PM EDT  

Blogger Gaurav said....

Good ..
Hey You can view my Blog its also Good

Mon Aug 27, 04:56:00 AM EDT  

Blogger Sidhu said....

Tom has disappeared somewhere...no posts...it has been 1 & half month...

Hey Tom...whereeeeee are you ;)

Sun Sep 02, 12:00:00 PM EDT  

POST A COMMENT

<< Home