Things to say when you are losing...
70 things to say when you are losing a technical argument. I believe I've heard most of them at one point or another - well, except #8 - I've never heard of that guy before.
- #1: That won't scale. I hear that one all of the time. It is easy to win back the argument though - just say "Why?".
- #6: That can't be generalized to a cross-platform build. But the way I hear it is "that would not be database independent..."
- #11: Yes, well, that's just not the way things work in the real world. Ugh, I hate that one. What they really mean is "hey, our standard operating procedures - drafted in the year 1985 - don't permit intelligent decisions".
- #12: I like your idea. Why don't you write up a white paper and we'll review it at the next staff meeting? You only fall for that trap once or twice :)
- #20: Have you LOOKED at the number of I/O requests that will create? Always respond with - so I presume you have, save us the time - how many are we talking about and why?
- #25: No, no, no. We're really working on an N-TIER architecture here. No comment
- #48: Let's table this for now, and we'll talk about it one-on-one off-line. Now you know what they really mean....