Stumbled upon a really neat site - if you like old pictures. One of my favorite "coffee table" books is Washington Then & Now - mainly because
- it is full of pictures, not too many words :)
- it is full of old pictures
So, to find this site if just - well - old pictures was quite a pleasure.
Three that caught my attention - just to whet your interest were:
- The Bonus division where the many clerks figure the amount of the bonus each veteran is entitled to. Notice the sign hanging there "Computing Division, Computing Section". We have come a small way in the last 100 years. You will be looking at the original computers - human beings.
- View of the US Capitol during the first. I found the composition to be very striking. The haze of the fire, the long exposure (note the ghost image in the lower right) - made a really interesting shot.
- Exterior of People's Drug Store. I like the old cars, buildings and people - some of the interior shots are really cool as well - you get to see what was on the shelves and all.
Anyway, if you like that stuff - be prepared to have some amount of time. There are a lot of them there.