Friday, February 02, 2007

Test Cases...

A couple of days ago, Peter Scott had an interesting post on test cases.  I agree 100% with the sentiment expressed there.  If you search for "test case" on my blog here you'll get snippets like:

Give me a short test case. Something small, yet 100% complete. Concise - but self contained. Remove anything not relevant to the problem.

Tiny is good, but complete is a requirement.

999 times out of 1,000 - when I build these myself - I find my own mistake or omission.

Test cases are so very important.  And seriously - most of the times when I build them, I find my own mistake or find a workaround to the problem at hand.

And if I don't, someone else will see it - it will be digestible, small, easy enough to understand.

I see Tim Hall has "weighed in" (weighed in - get it :) on my last blog entry.  I laughed out loud at his last sentence, the conclusion - very nice.

POST A COMMENT

2 Comments:

Anonymous Paul said....

Thanks Tom, now I know what a starflake is!

Sat Feb 03, 05:11:00 AM EST  

Blogger Charlie 1 木匠 said....

Link them together, help for reference.

http://tkyte.blogspot.com/2005/06/how-to-ask-questions.html

Thu Jul 16, 01:37:00 PM EDT  

POST A COMMENT

<< Home