Friday, February 09, 2007

It doesn't happen often...

There is nothing more freeing than.....

A totally empty inbox


Don't know what it is about that - but it is a very good feeling indeed.  I've done everything I had on my todo list of things to do!  I'm free now :)

Well, except for the questions in the asktom queue of course... Drat, not as done as I thought.  See this is what the asktom homepage looks like when I'm taking questions (proof that this view of that page actually exists)


and in the spirit of learning something new everyday - the snippet I pointed too in my last entry is not a "when others then null;", just looks like it could be one :)



Blogger Bill S. said....

So THAT'S what an empty in-box looks like. Haven't seen one in nearly 10 years. Don't expect to see one again in my lifetime.


Well, it is at least a goal to strive for. :-D

One of my co-workers came over this morning and said to me, "You better have a question ready for Tom Kyte because he's taking them again!". I smiled, knew you'd been taking questions this month. But I was surprised to see how long that "Submit A Question" page stayed up. Folks must have been in submit shock. ;-D

Bill S.

Fri Feb 09, 12:31:00 PM EST  

Blogger Bill S. said....

Sorry, this is totally off-topic but I wondered if you had seen this yet:

Please keep giving it to the people who insist on using this in anything other than casual communication. :-D

Bill S.

Fri Feb 09, 12:47:00 PM EST  

Blogger Gary Myers said....

If you are at a loose end, your link to the Dizwell forum in AskTom's resources is broken. The one in Links is fine though.

Fri Feb 09, 04:05:00 PM EST  

Blogger Roderick said....

I just did the same thing yesterday, and it felt great. But I cheated and just moved about 400 messages to a ToDo-Eventually folder. Saves space when downloading e-mail to my Treo.

Fri Feb 09, 10:19:00 PM EST  

Anonymous Robert said....

I had an empty Inbox once.....
on the morning of the last day of a job that I quitted.

Ctrl + A > delete...boy that felt good !

Sat Feb 10, 12:13:00 PM EST  

Blogger Joel Garry said....

I've had an empty inbox more than once. If it is not supposed to be empty, "freeing" is not the word, unless you are referring to stomach contents.

But it's always worse for those who leave their Outlook client running, so they don't get backed up...

Sat Feb 10, 03:19:00 PM EST  

Anonymous Anonymous said....

Thanks for the inspiration, I did the same, Outlook hung up on me once, but I did not give up. Ah!!! Let me enjoy this feeling....


Wed Feb 14, 08:54:00 PM EST  


<< Home