Saturday, October 21, 2006

Off to OOW...

I'm off to Oracle Open World early tomorrow morning for the week.  I have a rather hectic schedule this year with two talks, two "meet and greet" sessions, a podcast interview, six customer talks/presentations, various group meals (like the ACE Dinner and maybe the blogger get together if I get back from a customer dinner early enough).

Add to that the fact that I'm book into a hotel at the SFO airport about 13.5 miles away - and that some of the events I have start at 7:30am downtown and finish at or after 9pm, it'll be a long long week.

Plus, I plan on putting an entry or two here with some photos over the week (and yes, still monitor asktom of course...)

At least it is only one hotel - that always makes it nice.  When you have to go from hotel to hotel every day - packing every morning and trying to keep the clean from the dirty - that can be a pain.

Friday will be good - spend the day on a plane, get home in time for dinner.  Looking forward to next weekend already...

POST A COMMENT

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said....

unbelievable the program you manage.
wish you a good week and looking forward to follow your sites over the week !

Sat Oct 21, 03:13:00 PM EDT  

Anonymous Sunil Pant said....

I am looking forward for your "Things you think you know" session. I would like to have been on the other session but that one was already booked. Welcome to San Francisco, Tom...

Sat Oct 21, 04:08:00 PM EDT  

Anonymous Robert said....

hats off to you
I wish I could go to OOW

>> When you have to go from hotel to hotel every day
huh ?
why do you ever need to do that ????

Sun Oct 22, 02:21:00 PM EDT  

Blogger Thomas Kyte said....

why do you ever need to do that ????

Because I frequently visit four or five places in a week. The two weeks oct 2-13 I was in:

hartford CT
boston MA
augusta ME
dublin OH
kansas city MO
providence RI
boston MA

Every night, a different hotel...

Sun Oct 22, 03:40:00 PM EDT  

Anonymous Doug said....

Gary, Cary and krewe (including myself) will be in the exhibition hall at the HOTSOS booth. Come by and say hello if you get a chance.

Sun Oct 22, 07:06:00 PM EDT  

POST A COMMENT

<< Home