Sunday, October 08, 2006

Needs a fact checker...

This article needs a fact checker!

A determined bidder has paid $576,000 (£307,857) for a model of the Starship Enterprise, legendary home of Captain Kirk and Mr Spock.

...

The six foot model of the Starship Enterprise, used extensively in the Star Trek: The Next Generation television series, was bought by an unidentified private US collector.

Everyone knows that Enterprise was the fictional (not sure legendary applies in the classic sense) home to Jean-Luc Picard and company!

Now, I like the show as much as anyone else - but to spend that much for a model, well, you must have way too much money to begin with :)

POST A COMMENT

6 Comments:

Anonymous answering message service said....

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Sun Oct 08, 06:06:00 PM EDT  

Anonymous Cuddly Toy Information said....

I really enjoyed reading your blog and I bookmarked it! By the way, if you are looking for cuddly toy information check out my website!

Sun Oct 08, 06:14:00 PM EDT  

Blogger David Aldridge said....

I really enjoyed reading your blog and I bookmarked it! by the way if you are looking for Oracle database information check out my website!

:D

Sun Oct 08, 07:26:00 PM EDT  

Blogger Thomas Kyte said....

Ok, Laughing out Loud :)

there be spam (they must be employing human beings these days to get past the word verification)....

I removed it.

that, that my friends is why the previous two comments exist and will continue to exist.

Because they are funny and spam is just fake pork like product in a can :)

Sun Oct 08, 07:55:00 PM EDT  

Blogger Roderick said....

I, too, am a big fan of your website.

However, I think the company that manufactures the pork product in a can prefers it now be called SPAM®. I actually like SPAM®, especially with rice in a sushi form that you can find in Hawaii. And I plan to attend Monty Python's SPAMALOT if I ever find myself in a city where it is playing.

Feel free to visit my website and register to remove yourself from the mailing list that provides continuous information and news about the product and play! Please allow 6-8 decades of delivery.

Mon Oct 09, 12:58:00 AM EDT  

Blogger Joel Garry said....

The noun definition of legendary applies - famous or celebrated. "...anyone or anything whose fame promises to be enduring, even if the renown is created more by the media than by oral tradition... This usage is common journalistic hyperbole, and 55 percent of the Usage Panel accepts it. " - American Heritage Dictionary usage note.

I really enjored reading your blog and if you are looking for imykbdtl check out your comment page!

Mon Oct 09, 01:34:00 AM EDT  

POST A COMMENT

<< Home