Sunday, September 10, 2006

Who's on first...

My dad watched it as it happened.  I watched it on Sundays in rerun, I remember lying on the family room floor every Sunday before lunch from 11-12 watching Abbott and Costello.

And now they've updated it for the 21st century - the infamous "who's on first" with Yoda and Jar Jar Binks.

Still though, Abbott and Costello - my all time favorites, or at least so far up there that they tie for first with anything else.  I really enjoyed their movies, the television series, all of it.  Black and white shows - nothing like it...

POST A COMMENT

6 Comments:

Anonymous Dave C said....

I have similar memories of watching Abbott and Costello with my dad on Sundays as a kid. I loved watching those old black and white movies also.

Mon Sep 11, 10:26:00 AM EDT  

Blogger Bill S. said....

One of my all-time favorites:
"Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein".

Lon Chaney Jr., Bella Lugosi, and Glenn Strange.

Good times. :-D

Mon Sep 11, 01:26:00 PM EDT  

Blogger Thomas Kyte said....

"Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein" - absolutely one of my favorites too, must have seen it dozens of times.

This is one of my other all time favorites.

Mon Sep 11, 02:04:00 PM EDT  

Anonymous Anonymous said....

I had just IMDB'd The Time of Their Lives, just to verify the name, when I saw Tom had a link to it, also. Even when I was a kid, the tale of redemption (esp. when innocent) really moved me.

Mon Sep 11, 05:39:00 PM EDT  

Blogger Rachel said....

The Time of Their Lives -- my absolutely most favorite Abbott and Costello movie...

then there are the Laurel and Hardy movies -- I still love Babes in Toyland, as cheesy a movie as they come but I cheer at the soldiers every time I see it

Mon Sep 11, 08:33:00 PM EDT  

Anonymous Anonymous said....

jerry c
I have the same memories watching them every sunday with my dad right before the yankee game.Now my son enjoys them too.

Thu Feb 28, 02:04:00 PM EST  

POST A COMMENT

<< Home