Thursday, June 08, 2006

This is very cool...

This is very cool.  Very neat – did not believe it at first.  


Blogger Hae-Kwang said....

That is very cool! How is that possible?

Thu Jun 08, 10:15:00 AM EDT  

Anonymous Dave said....

Cute. So the mouse over event is detected and switches the picture from a blue negative effect to the real BW image. My guess.

Thu Jun 08, 10:23:00 AM EDT  

Blogger Bill S. said....

Had to do it a couple of times to make sur I was seeing what I thought I was seeing.

Very neat.

word verification: edvdesd

A dyslexic version of the ABC song?

Thu Jun 08, 10:28:00 AM EDT  

Anonymous Anonymous said....

You don't have to stare at the dot. Just move your mouse over the image and it changes from the blue negative to the actual image. (Unless I am missing something here)!

Thu Jun 08, 10:40:00 AM EDT  

Blogger Alberto Dell'Era said....

Actually, the point is that if you stare at the point (pun intended), the sky looks blue and the grass looks green, even if the image in B/W ...

Thu Jun 08, 11:00:00 AM EDT  

Blogger Thomas Kyte said....

you don't have to stare at the dot

you missed the point.

stare at the dot
move mouse over
picture will APPEAR to be in color
until you move your eyes
then it goes back to black and white

Thu Jun 08, 11:00:00 AM EDT  

Blogger APC said....

>> (Unless I am missing something here)!

Yes. presumably you're missing the fact that the black'n'white image appears to be a colour one.

Thu Jun 08, 11:01:00 AM EDT  

Anonymous Anonymous said....

Unrelated to this post, but thought I might share it anyhow.

Bloggers: Use caution

Thu Jun 08, 11:22:00 AM EDT  

Anonymous Anonymous said....

What if you are color blind? I am not, but just a thought.

Thu Jun 08, 12:32:00 PM EDT  

Blogger Joel Garry said....

How is that possible?
Color afterimages.

Thu Jun 08, 02:23:00 PM EDT  

Anonymous Anonymous said....

As I recall my Jr. High school biology, this has to do with retinal fatigue. When you look at a color for a long period of time, your retena becomes 'fatigued' with that color and when you look away you see the opposite color (which is why surgical gowns are green, by the way). So in this demonstration, you look at a color negative until you retina becomes fatigued then switch to black and white. You see the original color picture until you blink or move your eyes.

Fri Jun 09, 08:07:00 AM EDT  

Anonymous Anonymous said....

Being the skeptic that I am.....
I copy and pasted each image to paint brush.

I then went back and forth and it still worked. For a second I thought maybe they were tricking us by alterting the image! :)

Fri Jun 09, 09:06:00 AM EDT  

Blogger Mark J. Bobak said....

Here's another cool illusion:


Fri Jun 09, 09:22:00 AM EDT  

Anonymous Anonymous said....

Another good optical illusion site

Professor Akiyoshi KITAOKA, website was referred by Joshua Bloch and Neal Gafter in their Java Puzzlers book.

Sat Jun 10, 07:05:00 AM EDT  

Anonymous Anonymous said....

Oops the address is

Sat Jun 10, 07:11:00 AM EDT  

Anonymous Anonymous said....

Reminds me of shared pool. The query plan stays in the shared pool till the query is hard parsed (ie till I move my head)...

Sun Jun 11, 04:07:00 PM EDT  

Blogger Shad said....

A friend of mine pointed me to a related (and equally dramatic) example:

Mon Jun 12, 03:59:00 PM EDT  

Anonymous Anonymous said....

Keeping pace with the advances on web show is a Herculean task. We've done just that and present all you need to know here.

Sun Apr 15, 08:18:00 PM EDT  


<< Home