- Out of date
This list is in no particular order. Repeat:
and just clicked around.
Not everything is about Oracle (surprise surprise, there are some other things outside of Oracle – believe it, or not!)
- Consumerist.com - funny real life stories about people interacting with the companies they love. Also - great deals in their "woot" section sometimes.
- Gizmodo.com I dig gadgets and this is a collection of gadgets and other stuff. Funny and many times irreverent reviews of technology. From the truly cool to the truly stupid sometimes.
- Creating Passionate Users Kathy Sierra’s blog (well, mostly by Kathy). Even though she does java stuff, her blog isn’t about that. It is about, well, creating passionate users. She has a really good message. If you’ve read my blog – you know I’ve linked to hers more than once.
- Jonathan Lewis – “not a blog” blog That is right, it is not a blog technically, but hey – it works. And the articles are good. Just wish it had an RSS feed! UPDATE: see this
comment about how to get an RSS feed for this "not a blog"
- Seth Grodin’s Blog What do marketing and technology have in common? Apparently a lot. I have found parallel after parallel here. I like it.
- The Phantom Nitpicker I’ve been nitpicked – have you? Picky describes this blog. If you like someone dissecting some English (all in good fun of course) – this is for you.
- Smart Stuff Some really cool smart stuff. Need I say more?
- Butterflies and Wheels Alternative news feed, a little different than say, oh Fox news for example.
- Snopes.com – debunking Urban myths True, sometimes they also declare some as “truths”. After doing the research though!
- The Dilbert Blog Which has nothing to do with Dilbert at all. This is a blog by Scott Adams, the creator of Dilbert. He has some interesting opinions. I like the way he’ll throw out a blog, in a manner similar to tossing out a hand grenade, just to see what’ll happen. Controversial could describe it.
- FeuerThoughts Hah, you probably thought “about time, an Oracle blog again”. Nope, not too much about Oracle – but rather Steven Feuerstein writing what he wants, sort of like I do on my blog.
- Peter K's blog Musings of a guy who has been using Oracle since version 3. Sometimes (mostly) about Oracle - occasionally about other stuff outside Oracle.
- We do not use blogs Mogens Nørgaard and his view on things. He has a strange view – might be a defective eyeglass prescription, then again, it just might be Mogens.
- The Oracle Sponge David Aldridge talks mostly about data warehousing techniques and other things both Oracle and non-Oracle related. He needs to learn how to spell – but does all right most of the time.
- Niall Litchfield’s Blog Niall is active in the Oracle community and even though he mostly uses Windows… There is from time to time something interesting.
- Oracle Newbies Blog Not sure how many years of experience you can have and still want people to believe you are a newbie but Lisa can probably get away with it for another year or two (mostly due to the hair color I think, that has something to do with it).
- Mark Rittman’s Oracle Weblog One of the first Oracle blogs I ever saw way back when. Set the standard for the rest of us. Mostly about Business Intelligence and Oracle.
- Kottke.org Usually something interesting comes across there every day. Nothing about Oracle, just stuff.
- ITtoolbox Can get quite noisy and the material is very much hit or miss (you get the good with the bad and the really really bad). But there are articles worth reading there, it does take some “weeding out” though to find them.
- Dizwell Blog Howard J Rogers occasionally has an opinion about something. And he’ll share it. Sometimes about Oracle – sometimes not. Always well written and many times funny.
- Pete Finnigan – Oracle Security Almost always about Oracle, almost always about Security and Oracle.
- Pete-S Random Notes Typically about Warehousing, many times about Oracle. Not always, but mostly database related.
- Scott Spendolini’s Blog Scott, formerly of Oracle – now of “independent”, writes about APEX (the tool formerly known as HTMLDB) and other stuff, like turkeys.
- The Oracle-Base Blog Penned by Tim Hall – many times about Oracle, sometimes just a rant. But rants are good, aren’t they?
- The Intuitive Life Business Blog This is not about Oracle, just about “internet stuff” in general. Usually an interesting perspective on things.
- Sue’s Blog Sue Harper is the product manager for SQL Developer and an all around good person. She is passionate about the technologies she works with.
- So What A blog by Jeff Hunter (not the Jeff Hunter, just Jeff). When he doesn’t write about MySQL… Then he writes about Oracle.
- Oracle Musings By Dominic Delmolino – a recent entry to blogging. A long time Oracle user, developer, DBA and now DBA manager.
- Oracleblog By Robert Vollman in Canada. Random writings about things Oracle – mostly developer related (which is a good thing)
- Oracle WTF Good for a laugh – WTF, the only appropriate “IM speak”. Neat snippets of really bad ideas.
- Oracle Stuff I should have Known! By Andy Campbell – good stuff here. Technical, well written, thought out.
- The Eric S. Emrick Blog Hey, he stole my idea for a blog title! See the description of the Oracle Stuff above – applies equally for this one – technical, well written, thought out…
- Laurent Schneider OCM Laurent is an Oracle Certified Master and writes about Oracle events, technologies and random bits and bytes.
- Eddie Awad’s Blog Eddie writes about tips and tricks using Oracle and provides a couple of firefox plugins that you might find useful if you use Oracle a lot.
- Doug’s Oracle Blog Doug Burns (don’t be scared by the plushie animals he sometimes has on his home page, I don’t think it is really a problem) is a DBA and “teacher” in Scotland. One of his specialties is parallel query but he writes about a variety of Oracle topics.
- Chronicles of Roderick Roderick Manalac is a long time Oracle support technician – one of the best. He doesn’t write about Oracle too much here – mostly about, well, TV shows he watches! But every now and then something Oracle creeps in.
- Boing Boing Interesting stuff, nothing Oracle really, just interesting stuff.
- Dooce Hey, she is really funny from time to time. Very much not what you might expect I would peek at – but she is really funny (not every day, but frequently enough to warrant watching). Off color language from time to time, not too much. Anyone with a quote like this "I’ll admit that a martini requires a bit of dedication in the sense that the first time I ever drank one I got the distinct feeling that I was swallowing hairspray. After a few the taste started to dull into that of lighter fluid, but now, now that I’ve been drinking them for several years, I can’t wait for that first antiseptic sip." is definitely worth reading.
- The Daily WTF - very funny. All about IT, all about doing IT as wrong as you can do it. The genesis for the Oracle WTF above, covers more than just Oracle however.