Sunday, June 11, 2006

I can only imagine how this transaction happened...

A while ago, I mentioned a flight I took from Frankfurt to Tel-Aviv. That flight was on Feb 3rd, 2006 (a while ago). United wouldn't credit me the miles - told me that according to their records, I never took that flight (still, I couldn't figure out how I was able to get from Frankfurt - where I must have been since they flew me there - to Tel-Aviv, where again, I must have gotten since they flew me back!).

An amazing 5 months later, it suddenly "just appeared". I can imagine my transaction being stuck in a little error log somewhere and someone finally asking "what is this file" and pushing it through. Sort of like having a letter fall behind a cabinet and not getting sent for a long long time.

That takes me to 51 segments for the year (still they are missing one however from LGA to IAD) and over 70k miles. By the end of the week, I'll have added 8 more segments, yippee.
POST A COMMENT

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said....

At least you'll get some free flights for your vacation:)

Mon Jun 12, 08:58:00 AM EDT  

Blogger Robert said....

meh you wouldn't care about the mileage credit anyways now would you ? since you rack up SO MUCH...
it's jus some peanuts and you have the peanut farm ;)

Mon Jun 12, 09:27:00 AM EDT  

Anonymous Mark from NY said....

Reminds me of some Advanced Replication errors I've had sitting around for longer than I'd like to admit. :)

Mon Jun 12, 10:11:00 AM EDT  

Anonymous Anonymous said....

Tom, Perhaps you could give us a list of your favorite Air Ports? Out of all you have been to, which have you been most impressed / least impressed with?

Thu Jun 15, 10:04:00 AM EDT  

Blogger Thomas Kyte said....

I like the Copenhagen Denmark airport, good food to eat, good beers, plenty of seating with tables, well laid out.

I don't like my home airport of Dulles. The people mover thing stinks, the G gates - don't even get me started on that fiasco. The lack of decent food in the terminals I use (the united ones). If it weren't for the red carpet clubs - I would really hate it.

Thu Jun 15, 10:24:00 AM EDT  

POST A COMMENT

<< Home