Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Google trends...

Google trends.  I found this amusing.  

I track well with “anything else”, but “hmm” blows us both away.  Actually, I’ve been catching up to “anything else” which I guess is good.  But the interest is dropping off recently.

Who knows, maybe a trip to India is called for.

Fun thing: add anything even slightly “off color” and watch the above lines just flat line straight out.  Even something not really obviously off color like “legs”.  Much fun to be had.


Anonymous Dilip said....

Tom, Told ya, you got a great fan following there.

Wed May 24, 09:20:00 PM EDT  

Blogger Roderick said....

Fascinating stuff. I was surprised that "Roderick" listed The Philippines as the top region. It was also the top region for "Amazing Race" which is the topic of most of my articles. But most of traffic to my site seems to come from Canada and behind the company firewall. So I guess Filipinos have different reasons to search each term separately.

Word Verification: uetsq
A scrambled quest. I did just see The Da Vinci Code on Saturday. Coincidence?

Wed May 24, 10:08:00 PM EDT  

Anonymous Anonymous said....

Still winning the battles:

Better yet:

Wed May 24, 10:50:00 PM EDT  

Blogger Marcio said....

How would be a trip to India? :) Man, I would not even thing about being in your turn.

Cheers, Marcio Portes.

Wed May 24, 11:09:00 PM EDT  

Anonymous Anonymous said....

Bangalore India has an absolutely huge support center.

Dell's I believe is the largest, this includes server support center as well as PC.

There are other companies will call/support centers based in Bangalore. All over India are many call centers.

I guess we can determine they do a lot of research on oracle support off of asktom.

This query helps put it into perspective.


Thu May 25, 12:00:00 AM EDT  

Blogger Tim... said....

That's a bit like without the fight :)



Thu May 25, 04:35:00 AM EDT  

Anonymous Anonymous said....

I came across google trends a few weeks ago so I'm glad it was brought up.

In our Oracle application most of the searching is done through stored procedures returning results sets to Java.

I'd be really interested in hearing of "best ways" to have the stored procedure optionally track what is being searched for with a view to reporting and optimization. Obvious concern would be a tracking table of some sort becoming a bottleneck...

Thu May 25, 09:12:00 AM EDT  

Blogger Rich said....

Notice how IBM is blue and Oracle is Red, pretty funny:

Thu May 25, 01:23:00 PM EDT  

Blogger Robert said....

So does this mean there's been that much more Google-searching in India on the term "asktom" ???
<scratching head>

Thu May 25, 11:52:00 PM EDT  

Anonymous Anonymous said....

Hi Tom,

seems like time is ripe now for your visit to India..

Fri Sep 04, 05:30:00 AM EDT  


<< Home