Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Amazon interesting effect...

Amazon interesting effect. From time to time, I track the best selling Oracle General books on Amazon. I always thought it was funny that from time to time an “eBay” book would be listed there (eBay uses Oracle, but it really isn’t a book about Oracle).

But this latest entry really raises an eyebrow:


“ How Everyday People are Using Forbidden Mind Control Psychology and Ruthless Military Tactics to Make Millions Online”

Interesting title isn’t it. Still trying to figure out the tie in with “Oracle” though. Must be the “forbidden mind control psychology” feature.


Blogger Alberto Dell'Era said....

So to recap - are you saying that book #2 should really be considered #1 ? ;)

Wed May 31, 07:54:00 AM EDT  

Blogger Thomas Kyte said....

So to recap...

Well, yeah, there is that too :)

But I really liked the title of #3 - don't know whether to be scared or intrigued.

Wed May 31, 07:56:00 AM EDT  

Blogger Bill S. said....

The eBay people never SAW that book. Never.


Wed May 31, 08:35:00 AM EDT  

Anonymous Fatih Karakurt said....

I always thought it was due to "...Ruthless Military Tactics to Make Millions Online..."

Wed May 31, 08:52:00 AM EDT  

Blogger Thomas Kyte said....

I can understand (grasp) Military Tactics. We can even defeat those.

But how do you get around "forbidden mind control" techniques :)

Wed May 31, 09:13:00 AM EDT  

Blogger Bob B said....

Its an undocumented parameter!


I think if the user puts it in a query as a hint, then oracle will use that person's memory as additional swap space or something like that.

Word Verify - hatepmg ... poor pmg

Wed May 31, 09:31:00 AM EDT  

Anonymous Anonymous said....

Well eBay runs on Oracle - perhaps that's the missing link ;)

Wed May 31, 09:51:00 AM EDT  

Blogger Joel Garry said....

I like the stuff on the last pages, particularly after about page 115.

Wed May 31, 10:00:00 AM EDT  

Anonymous Anonymous said....

Buy New for $19.97 and buy used and new for $75.00. I think I will buy the used one for $75.00. Ahhh, they got me! I see how they are making millions on-line!!

Wed May 31, 12:37:00 PM EDT  

Blogger David Aldridge said....

Being a law-abiding person, where can I get a list of those mind control psychology techniques that are not forbidden? Google is not helping me at all.

Wed May 31, 01:10:00 PM EDT  

Blogger Joel Garry said....

Wiki has some interesting ideas

word verification: tzpur (transliterated Hebrew for "bird")

Wed May 31, 06:08:00 PM EDT  

Anonymous Anonymous said....


Wed May 31, 10:06:00 PM EDT  

Blogger David Aldridge said....

>> Wiki has some interesting ideas

Well I just don't want to know what search turned up those two entries, Mr Garry!

Wed May 31, 10:40:00 PM EDT  

Blogger Aman Sharma said....

hi sir,
Did you notice this?
Tom Kyte
I shall definitely do it.
best regards

Thu Jun 01, 03:39:00 AM EDT  

Anonymous Anonymous said....

definitely do what? it is the subject area of Tom's 2 day seminar which he has been doing recently, there is nothing to do unless you plan to attend.

Thu Jun 01, 04:18:00 AM EDT  

Blogger Aman Sharma said....

Hi anonymous,
Yes I know thats the agenda of the seminar.But I found this page(and it links too) on the Oracle University Course Catalogue and it has a course no also i.e. D19744GC10.So I guess its a course introduced by OU which I mentioned that I'll do.Neways,even if its not and its a seminar than what?I shall attend the seminar whenever I get the chance;-).

Thu Jun 01, 10:47:00 PM EDT  

Anonymous Anonymous said....

Very good article. This article makes some interesting points. You made a good point, reading your article is a kind of enjoyment. Thank you.
Tactical Flashlights
r c helicopter
video game
Tactical Flashlight
Led Flashlight
rc helicopter
Playstation 2
Playstation 3
Nintendo DS

Mon Jun 23, 03:32:00 AM EDT  


<< Home