Wednesday, March 29, 2006

These gloves...

These gloves actually look useful.  I have a small space heater near my keyboard that I blow over the keyboard when my hands get cold.  The air conditioner in the office tends to blow right across my desk so even in summer – I’m in need of the heat.

Wonder if they actually work.  Really wonder what happens when I get up to walk away and totally forget that I’m wearing them – ripping my laptop out of the dock and onto the floor.

Maybe not such a good idea.


Anonymous Anonymous said....

I just ordered a pair. My 'office' is in my garage - it gets pretty cold at night (even in San Carlos). I have an externally powered usb hub i'm not using, i'll just plug them into that. I'll let you know how they work out. (btw, i ordered them from

Wed Mar 29, 02:45:00 PM EST  

Anonymous darcy said....

Your dry sense of humour cracks me up.

"Do a great job de-frosting your hands and great for those who live in cold places"

de-frosting your hands ....... LOL, I can't even imagine a picture of this .... what, tiny ice-scrapers inside the gloves like I have for my car windshield? Tooo funny.

Thanks for the laugh, Tom.

Wed Mar 29, 03:51:00 PM EST  

Blogger William Robertson said....

It's a sad reflection on our society that we need heaters to keep us warm in an air-conditioned office.

Wed Mar 29, 05:48:00 PM EST  

Anonymous Anonymous said....

I totally agree with Will. Anyone caught wearing those deserves a visit from Terry Tate Office Linebacker.


Wed Mar 29, 09:40:00 PM EST  

Blogger Eric S. Emrick said....

I think upon first glance someone would say, "Who is the hobo in Eric's office?"

Thu Mar 30, 08:38:00 AM EST  

Anonymous Anonymous said....

Move your desk

Thu Mar 30, 11:37:00 PM EST  

Blogger Daniel Fink said....

These are not a bad idea, especially for people with poor circulation in the hands. Heck, you might even be able to write them off on your taxes as necessary medical equipment.

Fri Mar 31, 10:57:00 AM EST  

Anonymous Anonymous said....

I had seen gloves which keep the hands warm and used D batteries. Don't remember where I saw them but they are out there. Then there will be no fear of dragging the laptop down with the usb cable.

Fri Mar 31, 11:48:00 AM EST  

Blogger Alberto Dell'Era said....

Just try wearing a pair of thin (not thick, thin) *cotton* (or silk) gloves: they're more than enough to keep the hands warm, without overheating them and retaining moisture. We're talking about an air-conditioned office, not the north-pole ... 10°C at the very worst, not -20°C :)

I suffer of poor blood circulation in the feet, and sleep with the heating off in winter - wearing a pair of thin cotton socket is like night and day.

Fri Mar 31, 01:19:00 PM EST  

Blogger Tom Best said....

I'll wait until the bluetooth model comes out.

Mon Apr 03, 03:24:00 PM EDT  


<< Home