A slightly new look
We resume our regularly scheduled programming....
A slightly new look today – I noticed a lot of people were going for the “wide” look and feel and thought I’d give it a try as well. The links to other blogs and archives for this blog are now at the bottom of the front page (with an anchor link at the top to find them easily enough).
It will give more room for examples/code samples when I use them – and gets more to fit on the screen at one time – which I like.
Anyway, feedback is accepted (but not necessarily always followed!)
Stumbled upon this page – it reminded me of a recent blog entry. Some of my favorite quips/quotes from that page are:
- Arguing that Java is better than C++ is like arguing that grasshoppers taste better than tree bark. (Thant Tessman)
- Being really good at C++ is like being really good at using rocks to sharpen sticks. (Thant Tessman)
- If you think C++ is not overly complicated, just what is a protected abstract virtual base pure virtual private destructor and when was the last time you needed one? (Tom Cargill)
- Within C++, there is a much smaller and cleaner language struggling to get out. (Bjarne Stroustrup)
- There are only two things wrong with C++: The initial concept and the implementation. (Bertrand Meyer)
- It has been discovered that C++ provides a remarkable facility for concealing the trival details of a program -- such as where its bugs are. (David Keppel)