OOW - presentation day
Today I have my session - Cary Millsap and I will be co-presenting. Our topic is the top ten things about Oracle 10gR2 - but we couldn't decide on just ten so it is really eleven plus some honorable mentions.
The topics we'll be hitting with discussion and demonstration will be:
- Conditional Compilation in PLSQL
- Better trace file information (in the raw trace file, timestamps on wait event records)
- Full Database Transports
- Asynchronous Commit
- SGA Direct Attach
- Transparent Data Encryption
- Transporting AWR data
- LOG ERRORS clause
- Audit trail in XML format
- Online Tablespace Transport
The honorable mentions include - autotrace using dbms_xplan (much better output), dbms_output limitations removed (unlimited output and 32k line widths), restore points, automatic failover with standbys, datapump metadata compression and secure backup.
Nervous. Big big room. Little sleep last night, up very early this morning. Normal life resumes at noon west coast time (after the presentation)