Thursday, September 08, 2005

Neat Idea, Thanks Rich

I saw this on another blog, TUSC is offering free technical services to systems damaged or in need of support due to the recent hurricane. You can read about it on the TUSC site as well.

I saw that and said to myself, that is pretty cool. Very nice gesture. It is good to see the good side of people, after seeing so much of the not so good side happening down there.

Rich, hats off to you.



Blogger Peter K said....

Good to hear.

Nice going, Rich.

Thu Sep 08, 06:48:00 PM EDT  

Blogger Noons said....

Dunno if he's listening in, but:
Adverse times bring the best out of people. As evidenced by this gesture. Hats off, folks!

Thu Sep 08, 09:52:00 PM EDT  

Blogger Rachel said....

Gladdens my heart to see people rise to the level they are capable of being... highest praise -- Rich is definitely being a "mensch" about this

Fri Sep 09, 06:50:00 AM EDT  

Blogger Jeff Hunter said....


Fri Sep 09, 11:48:00 AM EDT  

Blogger Arthi! said....

Did you check dbdebunk today?! Seems your "42nd normal form" has been critisied!

Do you not feel Fabian is invading too much in people's privacy? Afterall its your blog and you can use such terms! There is no need to post such dis-agreements publicly in dbdebunk!

Fri Sep 09, 12:53:00 PM EDT  

Blogger Thomas Kyte said....

Do you not feel Fabian is invading too much in people's privacy?

I've no problem with it, in fact, it is a good thing in my opinion.

He makes a valid point, I said something very "tongue in cheek" in a comment on Howard J Rogers blog. Someone could pick that up and turn it around, use it for purposes of evil ;)

There was hidden (not so hidden maybe?) meaning in the use of 42 there as well.

In short, it was a joke - but could be misconstrued, so go ahead and point it out.

shows the quote in context

shows where HJR sort of critiqued my colorful use of language

Fri Sep 09, 01:06:00 PM EDT  

Blogger Arthi! said....

Thats the point Tom...

it was a joke...and everybody (including Fabian) knew it was..

then, what is the need to point it out publicly even after you responded to him telling it was supposted be a joke!!

Like big boss says "if you want to be number one, destroy the existing number one" ?!

Fri Sep 09, 01:17:00 PM EDT  

Anonymous Michael Olin said....

I suppose the meaning of your 42nd normal form is as hidden as the origins of the name of the data warehouse project I am working on right now, "Heart of Gold".

But back on topic...

It is great to see TUSC offer to help in this way. I suppose I should give up constructing alternative versions of their acronym.

Rich, you certainly qualify for your "U".

Fri Sep 09, 09:33:00 PM EDT  

Blogger Thomas Kyte said....

Rich, you certainly qualify for your "U".

I agree. I've met Rich a couple of times and he even lets me beat him at pool (he'll take off the jacket but not the tie to play pool ;)

Fri Sep 09, 09:45:00 PM EDT  


<< Home