Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Mark Rittman on the blogger dinner

Mark Rittman uploaded some photos of last nights dinner.  It was great - I knew some of the people "face to face" (Steve Muench, Sue Harper and Mark) but not the rest of them.  It it always nice to put a face to the name - to see what the people actually look like.

Yesterday I had an OTN "meet and greet" session in the OTN lounge.  The size was perfect - just about 20 people showed up and we sat around and talked for about an hour/hour and a half. Gave away some books and t-shirts and everyone seemed happy, myself included. Everyone that came pretty much participated.  Mark Rittman did his this morning and had a similar pleasant experience. I have one more tomorrow morning at 11:30 am for anyone that wants to just come down and talk (Moscone Center West, ground floor).

Apress arranged for a book signing in the book store today from 12:30-1:30.  The traffic was great, a nice steady stream - got to meet even more people whose names I recognized.  That perhaps is one of the best parts of this week - getting to meet everyone.

Anyway, OOW is more than half over now - but going strong. Just me and 35,000 other people walking from place to place (it is huge).

POST A COMMENT

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark said....

Thanks, Tom, for the mention, it was good to meet up with yourself and the rest of the orablogs people.

If anyone's interested, we'll be doing a similar thing on the Monday night of the UKOUG Conference, I'll post an invite and location nearer the time. As before, everyone welcome.

Wed Sep 21, 08:23:00 PM EDT  

Anonymous Samuel Adanu said....

Hi Tom,

I have been to the Mark Rittman website and I have seen the photos. I think it's a great feeling for the Oracle Gurus or Wizards to take some time off, relax and have a nice meal :D

Thu Sep 22, 01:39:00 PM EDT  

POST A COMMENT

<< Home