Sunday, August 21, 2005

On travel

I'm at the airport, waiting for my flight to Iceland. After that - to Prague for the weekend and next week. I don't know when or if I'll have internet connectivity during the next two weeks, so it'll be definitely catch as catch can for questions and blogging. That, and I'll be doing two three day seminars back to back and a day with a customer in Prague. So, out of 12 days of travel, 7 of them will be spent on my feet, talking. Meaning - I just might not feel like getting on a computer at night.

Normal programming to resume the beginning of September, although I’m sure I’ll be one from time to time, just not as much as normal.




Blogger Taps said....

Just out of curiosity Tom, why don't you put adverts on asktom? I think you can get many advertisers considering the number of people who visit the site.

Mon Aug 22, 04:08:00 AM EDT  

Blogger Thomas Kyte said....

I don't think advertising belongs there.

Mon Aug 22, 06:43:00 AM EDT  

Anonymous Anonymous said....


in one of your previous posts you mentioned:

...I'm going to Prague later this month, Sweden and the UK in November....

can you tell us if you will have same agenda (seminar) in Sweden & UK as in Prague at the end of this month? (I'm not sure yet if I'll be able to travel to Prague...and want to prepare a 'B' plan ;-)

with best regards,

Mon Aug 22, 11:10:00 AM EDT  

Blogger Thomas Kyte said....

In Prague, the list of what I'll be talking about is on the web site (linked to from the home page)

In Sweden, it'll be a subset of that plus new material (since I've already done two seminars in Sweden with some of that stuff).

In the UK, it'll be sql techniques and all about binds - plus a "keynote" presentation (topic - to be determined).

In Copenhagen - it'll be a mix of old and new, need to develop some new material which will be based on the book I'm just releasing.

Mon Aug 22, 03:02:00 PM EDT  

Anonymous Kim Berg Hansen said....

...In Copenhagen...

When? Where?

Will that be anything like your session at OpenWorld San Francisco?

(I'm going to OpenWorld and plan to catch your session there - but if you talk of something else somewhere here in Denmark, then I might get myself two doses of Kyte in one year :-)

Tue Aug 23, 07:26:00 AM EDT  

Anonymous OracleDoc said....

Grrrrr, I'd like to get over to Prague for the conference (it's only 4 or 5 hours away) but, I don't think I'd find a hotel in the immediate area.

Tue Aug 23, 07:43:00 AM EDT  

Blogger Thomas Kyte said....

Copenhagen will be similar to the master class I did there 2 years ago, but with some new content. So, if you went last time - not sure I would suggest you go again, unless you do not mind some redundancy.

It is very different from Open World, I have 1 hour at Open World and 3 days in Copenhagen.

Tue Aug 23, 08:09:00 AM EDT  

Anonymous Kim Berg Hansen said....

OK, thanks.

Yes, I was at your Miracle Master Class. It was great, but I agree there'll probably be some redundancy.

I think I'll concentrate on absorbing as much new stuff as possible during the six OpenWorld days... :-)

Tue Aug 23, 09:00:00 AM EDT  

Anonymous Rob H said....

I don't think advertising belongs there.

Thank you Tom...Thank you
(plus I'd just block it out using AdBlock extension for FireFox)

Tue Aug 23, 10:17:00 AM EDT  

Anonymous Prague Hotels said....

Can you post some pictures of Prague? I am in love with this city. I recently visited the City of Prague, also known as “the golden city of spires” on Vltava River. I found Prague very attractive, and the thousand-year history was visible particularly in the architecture. But unfortunately all my pictures are lost...

Wed Aug 29, 09:45:00 AM EDT  

Blogger Kelly said....

You can find pictures of Prague here. Should I attempt to preface the city of a hundred spires, its lovely architecture cannot be forgotten. Search in your memory for a name of any style you can think of. Prague will almost certainly have some landmark to offer – be it from hundreds of years ago such as Romanesque rotunda or from numerous eras spanning centuries. The latter can be represented by the picturesque Prague Castle with its truly magnificent St Vitus’s Cathedral or the tiny (and that is probably one of the reasons why) fairy-tale like Golden Lane. The same applies to architectonic landmarks “remembering” merely several decades such as the precious Cubist pearls scattered here and there in Prague’s winding streets, buildings, Prague restaurants, theaters, museums.

Fri Apr 25, 04:59:00 AM EDT  


<< Home